About the Trainer | Tuition & Registration | Training Includes | Who Should Attend | Certification Process | CEH | CEU
As a Certified Infant Massage Teacher (CIMT) you have the unique opportunity to help parents and caregivers to bond with their babies through the use of an age old tradition – infant massage.
During this course, you will learn directly from Liddle Kidz Foundation, Founder and Director, Tina Allen. Teaching Infant Massage is a rewarding opportunity, promoting well being and enhancing bonding and attachment between infants and their caregivers.
With Infant Massage we use touch, our first language, to enhance our expression of love, caring and respect to aid in the bonding process. Touch is an infant’s first form of communication and through massage we can effectively communicate as well as understand what an infant is saying to us.
Infant massage assists in the growth and development of baby's body, mind and spirit. In addition, it can bring relief to complaints of colic, constipation, respiratory disorders and sleeping difficulties.
Many of the parents who have participated in our infant massage classes report that their child has experienced more restful sleep, longer napping periods and better digestion. Imagine if you were the infant massage teacher, You would be the one helping families to have such positive experiences.
Through working as a Certified Infant Massage Teacher you have the special opportunity to impact an infant and their family for a lifetime. This professional training is for those interested in working with families by becoming a Certified Infant Massage Teacher (CIMT). A CIMT is not only an instructor, but also an educator who teaches the art of infant massage to parents or caregivers in the presence of their babies.
During the Liddle Kidz® Foundation Certified Infant Massage Teacher Training, you will learn about the history & global use of infant massage as a parenting practice, infant massage techniques and methodology, benefits for both infants and caregivers, current research and the importance of communication and attachment in building healthy emotional relationships. You will learn techniques for setting up and marketing successful infant massage classes, and how to best reach families.
We will also discuss working with babies born prematurely and infants with special needs. In addition, we discuss considerations for providing classes to families of all kinds, including cultural considerations for families from varied ethnic and cultural backgrounds, extended families, stepfamilies, grandparents raising children, adoptive families, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) parents and teenage parents.
Our CIMT Training Course includes:
- The history & global use of infant massage as a parenting practice
- Infant massage techniques and methodology
- Massage Stroke Adaptations for infants with special healthcare needs, babies born prematurely, strokes for common childhood discomforts such as Colic, Gas, Constipation, Congestion and Teething
- Recognizing Infant’s verbal and Non-verbal communication
- •Current infant massage research and how best to stay in touch with current research developments
- Benefits for both infants and caregivers
- Teaching and facilitating skills
- Nurturing Touch for the Growing Child
- for providing classes to families of all kinds, including cultural considerations for families from varied ethnic and cultural backgrounds, extended families, stepfamilies, grandparents raising children, adoptive families, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) parents and teenage parents
- Marketing Skills and techniques for setting up and marketing successful infant massage classes, including learn how to build a website, use social networking and modern techniques that will bring your practice into the future
- CIMT Teaching Guide (provided in class)
- Supervised Practical Experience: Parent-Baby infant massage class is provided on two days of the course. On the 2nd day for the course, student participants observe the Master Teacher who will conduct the infant massage class, and on the 3rd day of the course, student participants conduct the supervised infant massage class. During this supervised session, student participants have an opportunity to conduct the parent-baby class and put their education to use immediately
- Exam – a comprehensive exam is given, and graded to ensure full understanding of the materials presented
- After course mentoring from our Master Teacher
- Processing of CEH/CEU paperwork and certifications as applicable
- Student participants complete the entire 3-day in class course session and exam
Additional after course (out of class) requirements:
- Complete infant massage lessons with 3 families (3 babies with their caregivers)
- Ask caregivers to complete class evaluations at the end of your last session with each family
- Design 3 handouts for infant massage classes (more information provided during CIMT Course)
Finally, an accredited infant massage certification program for professionals, caregivers and those wanting to begin a new career in the wonderful world of infant massage. The Liddle Kidz® Foundation Infant Massage Certification course is an intense, fun and effective way to master the core skills of infant massage.
Founded by master teacher and philanthropist Tina Allen, the Liddle Kidz® Foundation offers a new, comprehensive, research based training course and teaches students what they really need to know to become a professional infant massage teacher.
Any experienced infant massage teacher will tell you that there is a world of difference between learning how to massage a baby from a book or DVD, and knowing how to provide the best care to meet a families needs, however, there are few opportunities to learn the skills they really need from a working healthcare professional who has provided infant massage education throughout the world.
As a CIMT, you have the special opportunity to impact an infant and their family for a lifetime.
About the Trainer
Tina Allen, Founder and Director of the Liddle Kidz Foundation, is the premier expert and authority on infant and pediatric massage therapy. She is an internationally respected lecturer, educator, and award-winning author of the best selling book "A Modern Day Guide to Massage for Children”.
Ms. Allen managed the United States first comprehensive pediatric massage program and regularly provides consultation on the development of hospital based pediatric massage programs.
Her innovative approach to children’s health has allowed her the unique opportunity to train hospital staff, healthcare professionals, collaborate on research studies and integrate pediatric massage therapy into some of the world’s leading medical institutions.
She travels 365 days a year in a tour bus with her husband and their awesome son, sharing the benefits of nurturing touch!
Read Tina Allen’s Entire Biography
Learn more about our Pediatric Massage Hospital Based Program Initiatives
Tuition & Registration
Please see our Calendar for upcoming Certified Infant Massage Teacher Training Dates and Registration Information.
The Certified Infant Massage Teacher (CIMT) Training includes your CIMT manual & Comprehensive up-to-date course materials
Supervised parent-baby class.
After course mentoring from your Liddle Kidz® International Trainer.
Who Should Attend
This training is open to those who care deeply about families and children. You do not need any previous experience in the healthcare field to attend. In fact many of the people who do attend the training do so as a way of providing a loving, healthy support to families. Others who do attend include nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, massage therapists, health care professionals, childbirth educators, early childhood interventionists, lactation consultants, doulas and acupuncturists.
In order to become certified as an Infant Massage Teacher (CIMT), you must attend the entire 3-day course, complete verified practicum hours and a comprehensive exam. Once your trainer approves your completed work, you will be granted certification from the Liddle Kidz® Foundation as a Certified Infant Massage Teacher.
Nursing CEH – Continuing Education Contact Hours
Liddle Kidz is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 15018
Massage CEH - Continuing Education Contact Hours
Massage CEU - Continuing Education Units
Liddle Kidz Foundation is approved by the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider. Provider Number 450613-08
Tina Allen is approved in Canada by: College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia (CMT), The College of Massage Therapists Ontario (CMTO), The Massage Therapist Association of Alberta (MTAA), The Massage Therapy Association of Manitoba (MTAM), New Brunswick Massotherapy Association, Northwest Territories Massage Therapists Association
For more detailed information please visit our Continuing Education Approvals page for State, Provincial, National and International CE Approvals